Last Updated: 24/02/2020
Last Updated: 1st December 2023
· What we specifically mean by the terms we use
· The rules for using the Each Person
· How the Each Person employee recognition scheme works
· It’s a summary of your rights and responsibilities – important stuff.
If you break the rules listed here, we may suspend your membership or terminate your account or access to the platform. If this happens, you will lose access to your account’s on the Each Person shop and platform and won’t be able to redeem them for any rewards. Therefore, it’s important to understand these terms and be aware of the rules that you must follow.
Separate terms can apply when you:
a) Redeem a reward from a Retail Partner on the Each Person shop
When you redeem your Epoints for a reward, we order this reward through our network of Retail Partners and the item is delivered to your postal address or emailed to you. The Retail Partner will have their own terms covering warranty and your legal rights associated with owning the reward. We at Each Person are providing the redemption service provision for you and go to great lengths to ensure orders are placed smoothly and efficiently. The Retail Partner then fulfils the reward to you. A part of the Each Person redemption service provided is to be your point of contact in case you have any questions regarding your order and we can support and assist you in regards to matters that need resolving by the Retail Partner once a reward has reached you.
All rewards are subject to availability and if we are unable to source your reward from the listed retailer partner in the shop, we will attempt to fulfil your order with another retailer partner or provide a refund.
b) Choose to apply for any additional services
This includes instances such as entering a competition. If there are extra terms, we’ll always inform you of these and make these available to you.
To make the terms easier to understand we’ve listed out what we mean by the words we use to describe the scheme:
1. “Epoints”: Is the points currency used in the Each Person shop. Epoints have a set value which does not change. One Epoint is worth £0.005 (or 0.5p), so 200 Epoints are worth £1.00. Points are inclusive of VAT when sold directly to an Epoints Member and exclusive of VAT when sold to Employers using the Each Person recognition scheme.
2. “Member” or “You”: Any person registered with the Epoints reward scheme.
3. “Retail Partner”: We work with a number of Retail Partners who sell products through our Services in the Each Person shop or offer products, services and/or the ability to earn Epoints.
4. “Each Person”: Each Person is a recognition and reward scheme which helps Employers encourage recognition within their business through the sending of ecards to colleagues and, where appropriate, granting Epoints to Employees as a reward.
5. “We”, “Us” or “Our”: Use of these terms refers to Each Person.
6. “Website”: This refers to the Each Person official websites at www.eachperson.com & www.shop.eachperson.com
7. “Redemption Service Provision”: This refers to the significant undertaking of the Each Person business to source, manage, order, track, refund, update, re-order, cancel and support the Member in ordering Rewards through Retail Partners via a series of touchpoints including Live Chat, Email, and Phone number.
Here’s a summary of the rules in place to prevent you (and us) from getting into trouble. Breaches of these rules will result in your account being suspended or removed and you’ll lose your Epoints balance – please respect the rules as they’re here to make the scheme enjoyable for everyone!
The following rules apply to the whole of Each Person (if your Employer has enrolled you on Each Person for the purpose of your workplace recognition scheme).
· Do not try and cheat the scheme
By this, we mean do not carry out actions that the scheme wasn’t designed for or isn’t asking you to do such as:Hacking us or attempting to breach our security measures in any way.Tricking the scheme into giving you more Epoints than your actual usage warrants by any method or mean
· Do not harm or offend other people
This means that when you’re using the scheme, do not:
Damage our reputation by associating us with sexism, racism or any other type of discrimination
Harass or upset people using our ecard capability (for example, by using offensive or obscene language)
· Be yourself when using the scheme
Unless given express permission by Each Person, do not:
· Use a false identity or false contact details when using the scheme
· Use the scheme if you’re under 16 years old
· Use the scheme outside of the UK
· Recreate the scheme or copy the way it looks
· Use our brands, trademarks or logos
· Use or mention Each Person in press releases and other marketing materials
Registration to the scheme
In order to participate in the scheme you must register for an account. You can either register directly with Each Person:
You may register directly with Each Person providing you are:
· Over 16 years old
· Have an operational email address
· Have a valid UK postal address
Once you have registered with us, either directly or through a partner, you will receive a verification email to confirm your account. Clicking the link within the verification email allows you to set a password. Please keep this password safe as it’s required to access your account.
· You can collect Epoints when you:
· Are a registered Epoints member
· Are logged in to your Epoints account
· Navigate to a Retail Partner website using a link on the Epoints website and complete a qualifying purchase If you do not click from a link on the Epoints website before completing your purchase, you will not collect Epoints for purchases made with our Retail Partners as we will not have been able to track your journey and thus, we do not know that it is you who has made the purchase.
· You can also collect Epoints for completing various activities on our website. The different ways to collect Epoints are advertised as part of the scheme.
· We reserve the right to amend the number of Epoints awarded for any activity, including purchases with our Retail Partners, at any time.
When you follow the correct steps and purchase with a Retail Partner, you will be awarded Epoints by us, not the Retail Partner, based upon the process outlined below:
· The Retailer Partner confirms that you successfully made a purchase.
· The time it takes for us to receive this confirmation varies depending on the retailer but you will receive an email from us informing you that the purchase was recorded and you have ‘pending Epoints’ in your account once this has been received. ‘Pending Epoints’ are not accessible to you to redeem at this stage
After 30 days, provided the Retail Partner doesn’t tell us that your purchase was declined or cancelled, your ‘Pending Epoints’ become ‘Confirmed Epoints’.
We will email you to confirm this and, from this point onwards, your Epoints are fully accessible and can be redeemed for rewards. We reserve the right to extend the amount of time that ‘pending Epoints’ remain in this state and, in certain cases, Epoints can remain pending for 120+ days.
Members can purchase Epoints at any time, either to top up their current balance for future purchases or as part of the shop checkout journey where they do not currently have enough Epoints to complete their purchase. Epoints are sold in bundled amounts and can be purchased using VISA, Mastercard or PayPal. We never store any credit or debit card details on our servers and payments are processed securely using SSL encryption, the same standard of security used at online banks and other major online retailers.
When members top-up their Epoints balance by purchasing Epoints they are buying them from Epoints Rewards Limited. Members doing so will see on their Bank Statements “Epoints Currency – 0118 979 6341”. Points sold in the top-up process are VAT inclusive to Epoints members and to businesses are VAT exclusive. VAT invoices are available upon request. Employers purchasing Epoints or paying for Membership for their employees will be charged plus VAT prices in all cases and are also being charged by Epoints Rewards Limited.
Redeeming Each Person for rewards
Once you’ve saved up enough Epoints, you may want to redeem these for a reward. You can do this by:
· Logging onto you Epoints account
· Searching, browsing and selecting the reward(s) you want (you must select a reward that you have enough Epoints to redeem)
· Adding the reward(s) to your basket and following the checkout process
· Your reward will be delivered to your postal address (or email address if applicable) within ten days, unless otherwise stated
If your reward does not arrive within ten working days or within the time stated upon placing your order, or if you have any problems with the reward being faulty upon receipt, please contact email@example.com. Whilst each Retail Partner has their own terms of business, faulty items can be either returned and replaced or the Epoints can be refunded to your account, provided that any issues are raised with firstname.lastname@example.org. within 30 days of your reward being redeemed.
We are committed to processing refunds as quickly as possible based upon the specific Retail Partner’s terms of business. We only work with leading Retail Partners in the UK who place customer service at the heart of their offering, meaning you will get any refund quickly and easily. Our refund period reflects those of each specific Retail Partner so you will receive the Epoints credited back to your account once the Retail Partner has processed the refund to us. You may then request to have the Epoints refunded directly to your bank account if you do not want to use the Epoints for future purchases. All rewards are subject to availability and if we are unable to source your purchase from the listed retailer in the shop, we will attempt to fulfil your order with another retailer at no extra cost to you. We reserve the right to refund your Epoints if the reward is out of stock or unavailable for any reason. We are not liable for any costs, claims, expenses, losses or damages that you may incur resulting from the rewards you redeem or for that of our Retail Partners.
Epoints Cashback is awarded when you purchase a product on the Each Person shop. The amount of Epoints Cashback given will vary by retailer up to 20% of the amount of money you pay from your debit or credit card. Epoints cannot be held accountable and are not liable for any Epoints Cashback variance. If you notice any discrepancies between the amount of Epoints Cashback stated versus the amount you receive, please contact us and we will investigate the issue as soon as possible.
A key part of our role is in the redemption service we provide so if you have questions about the status of an order, are unhappy with the item or change your mind upon receiving the item contact our dedicated support centre who will endeavour to resolve the issue in accordance with the retail partner websites terms of business.
Donating your Epoints
We believe that climate change is the single most important issue in the world and that Each Person members can make a real difference. That is why we make it easy to donate points to support climate change initiatives. The points given will be paid in full to the cause(s) we are promoting on the Each Person websites. These payments may be made on a quarterly or annual basis depending on the Eco-project partner. Each Person will endeavour to update Members on the use of funds and the impact they are having on climate change. Each Person will update the website with such information.
Keeping your Epoints
We don’t want you to lose your Epoints if you’re an active member but, in the event that your account does not earn any Epoints for a period of two years, the account will be closed and any Epoints on the account will be lost to the member.
We want the scheme to be fun so we may run competitions or prize draws from time to time and give members the chance to win Epoints. You will never have to pay us to enter a prize draw and any opportunity to win will be randomly generated. Our prize draws and giveaways do not constitute Gambling and do not fall under the Gambling Act 2015.
If we believe a member has broken the rules to win, their account will be suspended whilst we investigate and may be closed if we find that the rules have not been followed.
Registration to the scheme
Your Employer will enrol you as part of their company-wide recognition scheme. You will be required to activate your account which you may opt out of doing. Otherwise, you will be added in and your colleagues will be able to use the various functions to show you how appreciated you are at work.
Giving and Receiving Recognition
Once signed in to Each Person you can give recognition using Ecards, or if your Employer has enabled it via a nomination. Colleagues can also give these things to you. Sometimes recognition can also be accompanied by a reward through the Epoints scheme. Any questions regarding how recognition works at your company contact your HR Department.
Below is a quick recap, and a few additional legal points:
If you use the scheme on behalf of a business, that business agrees to these terms. This means that your business must abide by these terms.
As stated earlier, ensure that you read these terms before using the scheme. When you use the scheme, you’re agreeing to:
· Our privacy and cookies policy
· Any other terms that we’ve let you know about
· This is a contract between you and us. No one else has any rights to enforce its terms
· English law governs these terms and only English courts can make judgements about them
· The scheme is made available to you
WHAT THESE TERMS COVER
· These are the general terms and conditions (the “Terms”) which apply to the purchase and use of any Epoints membership tier (the “Membership”).
· Please read them carefully before you purchase a Membership or activate any Membership option.
· By purchasing or activating a Membership option, members agree to abide by these Terms and accept that they shall have all applicable rights and obligations as set forth in them.
· If you have any questions about the Membership or these Terms, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MEMBERSHIP WILL, FROM TIME TO TIME, BE MODIFIED TO MEMBERS WITH AT LEAST ONE MONTH’S NOTICE
· These Terms apply to the person purchasing the Membership (the “Purchaser”/“Sponsor”) and the person who uses the Membership (the “Member”).
· In many cases, Memberships may be purchased on behalf of others by their workplace (the “Employer”) as an employee benefit or any other company or brand (the “Sponsor”) offering Membership to its users as a benefit. In these cases, the Employer and Sponsor may fund the Membership in full or in part.If you are both the Purchaser and the Member, then a single contract governing the purchase and use of the Membership is formed between you and us at the point when you complete the sign-up process for your chosen Membership tier.
· If the Purchaser and the Member are different persons, then:the contract governing the purchase of the Membership is formed between us and the Purchaser at the point that they complete purchase of a Membership or indirectly via a Sponsor or Employer Sponsor, andthe contract governing the use of the Membership by the Member is formed between us and the Member at the point at which the Membership is successfully activated.If we cannot accept your Membership purchase or if the proposed Member is ineligible for Membership in accordance with these Terms, we will refund any amounts paid for the Membership and not take any further payment from the Purchaser.
· The Membership is only available to Members who are aged 16 or over and resident in the UK. Both Epoints and Members can terminate Membership, with one month’s notice, which can be served by email. If a material breach of terms by the Member, Epoints may deactivate the Member account with immediate effect.
· You agree to use the Membership in good faith and in the way that we intend for it to be used. We set out below some examples of what we see as not using the Membership in good faith.
· Opening and closing a Membership more than once in a three-month period;
· Allowing someone else to use your Membership;
· Claiming a refund for one Membership and then setting up another account with the same contact and/or delivery details to exploit this feature;
· Creating multiple accounts with the same contact and/or delivery details to exploit a free trial.
· Please be aware that if this kind of activity occurs we may suspend your Membership (in accordance with Clause 9) whilst we check how the Membership is being used and we will work in good faith to resolve any such dispute in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU GET WITH EPOINTS MEMBERSHIP
· As an Each Person Member you will receive, at a minimum, the following benefits:
· Additional 10% Epoints Cashback on all eligible purchases made from the Epoints shop (applied on top of any retailer discounts off RRP).
· Access to our price comparison savings technology focused on searching the best price on a variety of popular big ticket brand products.
· Access to our “Collect” Epoints feature, allowing members to get Epoints Cashback when shopping with selected retailers directly.
· As part of your Membership, you may also receive ad hoc special offers from time to time. Some of these offers may be subject to availability. You will be informed of such offers either by email, web push notification, or the Epoints website.
· Please note there is a £5 minimum purchase level on Epoints.com
PRICE AND PAYMENT
· The price of the Membership, including the Joining Fee and recurring Membership Fees, will be as set out on our website. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of the Membership we display are correct.
· If your Membership is being provided as a benefit supplied by your Employer or any other Sponsor, your Joining Fee and/or Membership Fees will often be waived at sign-up as it is covered by these parties.
· If despite taking all reasonable care, the correct price for the Membership on the date your Membership is purchased is higher than the price stated online, we will contact you for your instructions. If a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel the Membership and refund you any sums you have paid
· You will need to pay upfront for a recurring Annual Membership, unless a monthly option is available. You may be required to pay an upfront Joining Fee on the date that you purchase your Membership. This Joining Fee will only apply to a Member’s first Membership subscription, not to any subsequent subscriptions.
· If you want to change the account details from which your payment is taken, you can do so via your Epoints profile but this should be done at least 5 days prior to your next payment date.
· Members utilising the optional remuneration credit facility (to be introduced by some Employers) will not be eligible for an extra 10% Epoints award, but will be eligible for the Epoints Cashback based upon the purchase value of the reward.
· Some Members, sponsored by their employer, may be able to top up their Epoints account, either by direct payment to their Employer, or as an optional remuneration deduction from salary.
· If you think a payment request is wrong please contact our support team promptly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADES & MEMBERSHIP AMENDMENTS
· As an Each Person Member either paying directly or sponsored by your Employer you have a single membership.
· If your Employment ends with your sponsor you will retain your account but you will no longer be eligible for Epoints Cashback.
DURATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP AND OUR RIGHTS TO SUSPEND THE MEMBERSHIP
· The Membership will begin on the date on which the Membership is successfully activated and continue as follows unless you or we end the contract earlier as described in these Terms:
· When purchasing a recurring Annual Membership, the Membership will continue for a 12 month period following activation. At the end of this period, the Membership will automatically renew. You do not need to do anything.
In certain circumstances, we may suspend access to your Membership. We may have to suspend the Membership to:
· deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
· update the Membership to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
· make changes to the Membership as notified by us to you (see clause 11);
· investigate the use of a Membership that we have reason to believe is not being used in good faith and in accordance with these Terms.
· If we suspend your Membership, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the Membership unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the Membership for longer than two consecutive weeks in any eight-week period, we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for Membership while it is suspended.
· We are not responsible for loss of access to the Membership which is outside our control. If you lose access to the Membership, please contact our support team promptly via email at email@example.com and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the lack of access. Provided we do this, we will not be responsible for any lack of access.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
· You can always end the contract with us, giving one month’s notice.
· If you have just changed your mind, you can obtain a full refund if you cancel the contract within 14 days (the “Cooling-Off Period”) starting the day after your first Membership payment is taken.
· Once the Cooling-Off Period referred to above has passed, you will not be able to end your Membership earlier than the expiry date and obtain a refund unless we are at fault (find the reasons where this would be the case listed further below). If you wish to cancel your account, we will set your Membership to automatically end on expiry of the fixed period rather than auto-renew. You must give us notice to cancel at least 5 working days before the due date of your next payment.
· If you are ending the Membership for a reason set out below, the Membership will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any period of Membership paid for during which the Membership has not been provided or has not been properly provided. The relevant reasons are:
· If you are ending the Membership for a reason set out below where we are at fault, the Membership will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any period of Membership during which the Membership has not been provided or has not been properly provided. The relevant reasons are:
· we have told you about an upcoming change to the Membership or these Terms which you do not agree to;
· we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Membership and you do not wish to proceed;
· we suspend the Membership, or notify you that we are going to suspend it for a period of more than 2 months; or you have a legal right to end the Membership because of something we have done wrong.
· To end the contract/Membership with us, please let us know by emailing us at support@Epoints.com. Please provide your name, registered email address and reason for cancellation.
OUR RIGHTS TO END YOUR MEMBERSHIP
· We may end the Membership if you do not comply with these Terms.
· Also, we may end the Membership at any time by writing to you if:
· You have missed a payment;
· You provide us with incomplete or incorrect information and have not rectified this within a reasonable time of us asking you to do so;
· You do not use the Membership in good faith, in breach of Clause 2.
· If you do not pay us for the Membership when you are supposed to, we may cancel your Membership or exclude ongoing access to further Epoints Cashback. We will email you to tell you if we are cancelling your Membership. If you need to update your billing details, you can update these via your profile on the Epoints website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· If we cancel your account, we will stop attempting to take further payments and we will exclude ongoing access to further Epoints Cashback. You will need to upgrade again via the website in order to regain access to Membership
· You must compensate us if you break the contract or do not use the Membership in the right way. If we end the Membership in the situations set out above in this clause, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for any period of the Membership we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
· We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Membership service. We will let you know at least 14 days in advance of our stopping the Membership services and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Membership which will not be provided.
WHAT HAPPENS TO ACCRUED EPOINTS WHEN THE MEMBERSHIP ENDS
· When your Membership is ended or cancelled by us and we have blocked your Epoints account as a result, your accrued Epoints will be inaccessible. If you have purchased any Epoints within the last 30 days and these are still unused and on your account, you can request a refund for these by emailing email@example.com
SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
· This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information, please visit the Citizens Advice website at www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
· You have a right to receive services which are as described.
· You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
· If you have not agreed on a price beforehand, what you are asked to pay must be reasonable.
· If you have not agreed on a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
· See also notes regarding your right to change your mind in Clause 7 of these Terms.
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
· We may make minor changes to the Membership and these Terms (including contracts already in existence) but these will not affect your use of the Membership. Examples of such changes include those made:
· To reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
· To implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, to improve security;
· To improve the efficiency of the Epoints procedures and top up facilities.
· More significant changes to the Membership or these Terms (and your existing contract with us) will be notified to you in writing along with the date on which such changes will take effect. If you do not want to accept the proposed change before the change takes effect, you can contact us to tell us you wish to cancel and receive a refund of any Membership Fees you have paid for the months remaining of your Membership after the month in which you cancel your Membership.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
· We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
· We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Membership as summarised in Clause 10.
· We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Membership for domestic and private use. If you use the Membership for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
·We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
· Provide the Membership;
· Process your payment for the Membership;
· Remind you when your Membership is about to expire, how you can renew your Membership and the options available to you for renewal; and
· If you agreed to this during the order process or in your customer profile, inform you about other products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time.
· We may pass your personal information to our payment provider so that they can set up a recurring payment for your Membership Fees and then activate your Membership.
· We will not store any of your bank details and will only process them for the purpose set out above.We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
· We may transfer any contract made under these Terms to someone else. We may also transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
· Once activated, a Membership cannot be transferred to someone else and must only be used by the Member. As a result, only Members have the right to enforce the Terms of the applicable contract once it is activated. There is no need for us to get the consent of any person that is not a party to the contract in order to end the Membership or to agree any changes to these Terms.
· If a court finds part of these Terms non-enforceable, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately so if any court or relevant authority decides that any specific term is unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
· Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms, we can still enforce them later. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Membership, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
· Neither Each Person nor its Members shall be liable for any delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder on account of strikes, shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental action, earthquake or other cause which is beyond the reasonable control of either party.
· In no eventuality will either Each Person or any of its Members be liable to each other for loss of profits, revenue or data or any incidental, consequential, direct, indirect, punitive or special damages, whether or not either party had advance notice of the possibility of such losses or damages.
· These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts.
If you wish to improve your business start by focusing on your most important asset; your employees.