How to edit or remove a user
1. Select “Browse” in the “Employees” section
The simplest way to do this is from the Recognition Manager overview screen (the first screen when you log in). You simply need to click “Browse” (1) which appears in the section titled “Employees”. You can also access this using the menu on the left-hand side. Click on “Employees” (2) and a menu will drop down. From here, you just need to select “Browse” (3).
2. Search for the employee you wish to edit/remove
This screen will show you all employees registered on the system. To search for someone using their name or email address, type this into the search field (1) and ensure “User” is selected from the drop-down menu (2). If you know when they were added to the system, you can narrow your search by entering a “from” and “to” date (3) by clicking the calendar icons and selecting the dates to search between. If you make a mistake at any point, just click “Clear” (4) to reset the options. Once you are happy, click “Search” (5) to see the results.
- You don’t just have to search using a name or email address. If you select “Manager” in the drop-down menu (2) and type a name into the search field (1), the results will show all employees in the system who have this person as their manager.
- By selecting “Department” from the drop-down menu (2) and entering a department name into the search field (1), your results will give you all employees in that department.
- If you want to see a list of deleted employees, you can select “Status” in the drop-down menu (2) and type deleted into the search field (1). This search will bring back a list of deleted employees.
3. Locate the employee and click “edit”
Once you’ve got your search results, you need to locate the person you wish to edit/remove. If you have a long list of results, these may go over more than one page. You can navigate between pages using the navigational arrows (1) to see all the results. Once you have found the person, click “Edit” on their entry (2).
4. Delete employee or edit details and save
This will bring up the employee’s details. This form is identical to the one that is used for adding employees.
Make any changes to the form that are necessary and once you’re done, select “Save” (1) at the bottom of the screen. You will be redirected back to the “Browse” screen and a message stating “User details have been updated” will show briefly in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
To delete an employee, just press the “Delete user” (2) button at the top of their file. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the employee and just need to press “Delete” again. You will be redirected back to the “Browse” screen and a message stating “User details have been deleted” will show briefly in the top right-hand corner of the screen.