How to find & open Google Chrome
1. Check your desktop and taskbar
You may find the Google Chrome symbol on your desktop if so, double-click on this icon.
If not, check your taskbar along the bottom to see if Google Chrome is located here.
The next place to check is in your Start menu. To open this, click the Windows icon in the taskbar in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
Depending on your version of Windows, you may be able to scroll through a list of programs installed. If so, you should find Google Chrome under “G”. You can click on this to open Google Chrome.
- If you wish to save Google Chrome to your taskbar for next time, right-click on Google Chrome and select “Pin to Taskbar”. The Google Chrome icon will appear in your taskbar, you can launch from here in future.
- Icons and start menu layout may vary depending on your version of Windows.
3. Search for Google Chrome
If you still can’t find Google Chrome, you can perform a search. In the Start menu, you will either find a search bar at the bottom or an option for “Search” which will open in a new window.
Type “Google Chrome” into the search to find matching results. If Google Chrome is installed, it should appear as a result, you just need to click on this to open.
- If you wish to save Google Chrome to your taskbar for next time, right-click on Google Chrome and select “Pin to Taskbar”.
- Start menu layout may vary slightly depending on your version of Windows.